On this day, in 1966, movie producer Walt Disney died at the age of 65. Walt Disney and his brother are the originators of a company that each of us remembers as a child.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” ~ Walt Disney
Walt Disney Random Facts:
- Today, The Walt Disney Company has annual revenues of over 30 billion.
- Disney’s first recognizable character eventually developed into Alice in Wonderland.
- Mickey Mouse was developed after Disney lost the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- Walt Disney died of a heart attack at 9:30am
- Disney’s last words were “Kurt Russell”. The actor himself did not understand the meaning.
- Bill of Rights Day – The Constitution was ratified on December 15, 1791.
- Gone with the Wind premiered in Atlanta, GA. (1939)
- Construction of the Jefferson Memorial began. (1938)
- Happy Birthday Mo Vaughn – “The Hit Dog”