Today marks the Independence of The Republic of Kazakhstan (1991). High five! While we are happy for the people of Kazakhstan, we must revert back to a 6-month time period when Americans felt the uncontrollable urge to use phrases like “very nice” and “I like!”
- Kazakhstan is the #1 exporter of potassium.
- Prostitution is one of the major industries in Kazakhstan.
- Borat’s sister is the top prostitute in Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan’s space program launches chimpanzees and toddlers into orbit.
True Facts About Kazakhstan:
- Men and women do not shake hands in public.
- The Kazak word for “dog” is pronounced “eat”.
- The traditional meat in Kazakhstan is beshbarmak – boiled horseflesh
Also On This Day:
- Today is National Chocolate-covered Anything Day. Take advantage!
- President Clinton named his Presidential puppy “Buddy”, a labrador retriever.
- Happy Birthday Flo Rida (31)
- Happy Birthday Michael McCary, Boyz II Men (39)
- Happy Birthday Beethoven (1770-1827)