On this day, (1937) the first full-length animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, premiered. The Walt Disney film premiered at the Carthay Circle Theatre. As the story goes, while hiding from a jealous queen, Snow White meets the Seven Dwarfs. When Snow White eats a poisonous apple, she goes into a deep sleep that can only be broken by love’s first kiss. Under the watchful eye of the Seven Dwarfs, Snow White remains asleep until Prince Charming awakens her with a kiss.
The 7 dwarfs: Dopey, Doc, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Sleepy. Which dwarf are you? Let us know in the comments below!
- National Haiku Poetry Day
- Winter Solstice
- Forefather’s Day – Plymouth, MA
- The first crossword puzzle was published in New York World. (1913)
- Humbug Day – go ahead, now is your time to vent! Leave your holiday frustrations in the comments below.
- Kiefer Sutherland (43) – Jack!
- Samuel L. Jackson (61) – Best movie line ever?
- Joe Paterno (83)
- Andy Dick (44) – Is there a single person on the planet that is a fan of Andy Dick?