You may be asking yourself, “Does anybody even eat fruitcake during the holidays?” We’re glad you asked. That’s why there is a holiday devoted to the cause! Few people actually enjoy fruitcake during, or before, the Christmas holiday. National Fruitcake Day was created to enjoy these delicious treats!
- Start of “It’s About Time Week” – haven’t got around to it for awhile? Well, it’s about time!
- Make Cut-Out Snowflakes Day
- Spain became a democracy (1978)
- Radio City Music Hall opened in NYC (1932)
- The World Bank was created (1945)
- Pleasure P (26) – Best known from the group Pretty Ricky
- Louis Pasteur (1822-1895) – Discovered the process of pasteurization
- Kwanzaa – 12/26-1/1
- National Candy Cane Day (December 26th)
- Whiners Day (December 26th) – coincidentally the biggest day for department store returns.
- National Thank You Note Day (December 26th) – It’s poor taste not to celebrate!
- Happy Birthday Jared Leto (39) – You may know him from Fight Club, Panic Room, Girl Interrupted, or the band “30 Seconds to Mars“
- Happy Birthday Phil Spector (70) – He worked with famous recording artists like Tina Turner, John Lennon, and The Ramones.