Today is meant to bring out the inner Office Space in each of us. Have you had it with the micro-managing? Sick of the coffee pot being empty? Annoyed that you can’t sleep in on the one day of the week you have a chance? Celebrate “I’m Not Going to Take It Anymore Day“!
Also On This Day:
- Harlem Globetrotter’s Day – the team played their first game on this day in 1927
- International Programmer’s Day – for the Mark Zuckerberg’s of the World
- Organize Your Home Day – Because no other day seems like the right time
- National Tempura Day
- The first American commercial bank opens – Bank of North America (1782)
- The first United States election took place – one month later George Washington was named President (1789)
- The first transatlantic phone service was established between New York City and London (1927)
- President Harry Truman announced that the U.S. had developed a hydrogen bomb
Katie Couric (54)
Nicolas Cage (47) – maybe he’ll get some birthday money so he can pay off debts?
Dustin “Screech” Diamond (34) – What will he get for his birthday? A date with Jesse? A new movie release? Oh….nevermind.