Rubber Ducky, you’re the one! And today is your day. January 13th is Rubber Ducky Day! There is a good chance that bath time was not complete without a rubber ducky. So take a moment today to pay homage to the domesticated rubber species that made every bath time a joy.
Also On This Day:
- Public Radio Broadcasting Day – the first public radio broadcast took place on this day (1910)
- National Peach Melba Day – peaches, raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmm!
- Johnny Cash performs live at Folsom Prison (1968)
- Douglas Wilder became first elected black governor when he took the oath in Richmond, VA (1990)
- Michael Jordan announced his retirement (1999)
- Bill Gates stepped down as chief executive of Microsoft