Is there a new retirement benefit we don’t know about? Is the entertainment industry about to crumb in front of our very own eyes? Yesterday we watched another titan of the entertainment business announce his plans to leave television. See what Oprah started!!! First Oprah, then Larry King, and now Regis? Ryan Seacrest and Mario Lopez can only host so many shows!
With 3 television megastars departing, it begs the question: Who will you miss the most? Before we take a poll, here are some interesting tidbits about each icon.
- Didn’t own a pair of shoes until sh was 6 years old
- Tried to skip kindergarten by writing the teacher a note – it worked. She eventually skipped 2nd grade as well.
- Her name was listed as “Orpah” on her birth certificate. People had trouble pronouncing her name so it was eventually changed.
- She gave birth to a baby boy at the age of 14. The baby passed away 2 weeks later due to complications from being born 2 months premature.
- She is the only person to appear on Time’s “100 Most Influential People” list 5 times.
- She has a phobia of chewing gum.
- She has given away hundreds of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
- He grew up on welfare after his father suddenly passed away of a heart attack at 44 years old.
- He is a Baltimore Orioles fan.
- He interviewed every U.S. President since Richard Nixon.
- He has married 2 Playboy bunnies.
- He conducted over 40,000 interviews.
- He started as a janitor at a radio station and first went on the air when an announcer unexpectedly quit.
- He estimates that he has over 150 pairs of suspenders.
- He has a phobia of mixing milk and meat together – no steak with a glass of milk for dinner for him.
- He has type II diabetes.
- He said if he could interview 1 person it would be Fidel Castro
- His first recording was a singing album that was harshly criticized. He did not record another album for 40 years.
- He is in the Guinness Book of World records for “The Most Time in Front of a Television Camera”.
- He served in the U.S. Navy.
- He is a New York Yankees and Notre Dame fan.
- “Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee” was originally called “The Morning Show”.
- He does not own a cell phone. He admittedly has trouble with remote controls and computers.
- His voice, along with that of Larry King, was used in the recording of “Shrek the Third”.
Time for you to weigh in:
Who will you miss the most?