You’ve waited and waited, now it is finally here: Opposite Day! Since we started “On This Day”, customers, fans, and historians alike have been asking us, “When is Opposite Day?” Today may be the most famous holiday we acknowledge. Whatever you do, don’t continue reading this post. Never read “On This Day” again. Our goal is to provide you with boring information that isn’t entertaining at all. We’re joking! It’s Opposite Day!
- Better Business Communication Day
- National Irish Coffee Day – don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone!
- A Room of One’s Own Day – unless you have bunk beds of course because that is the only cool way to share a room. We get the top bunk obviously!
- Macintosh Computer Day – Happy 27th Birthday Mr. Macintosh
- National Speak Up and Succeed Day – It’s about time!
- King Henry VIII secretly married Anne Boleyn (1533)
- United Mine Workers of America was founded (1890)
- Alexander Graham Bell initiated U.S. transcontinental telephone service with a phone call from New York to Thomas Watson in San Francisco (1915)
- The first Winter Olympics opened in the French Alps (1924)
- The first Emmy Awards were presented at the Hollywood Athletic Club (1949)
- American Airlines made the first scheduled transcontinental flight (1959)
- President John F. Kennedy made the first live presidential new conference (1961)
- Michael Jackson settled child molestation charges (1994)
- Billy Bailey became the last person to be hung in the United States (1996)
Alicia Keyes (30)
Etta James (73) – At laaaaaaaaast!
RIP Al Capone (1899-1947)