Not to be confused with our recent celebration of Opposite Day, the objective of Backwards Day is to invert everything you do. Follow your afternoon schedule in the morning. Add your cream and sugar before you pour your coffee. Try to avoid driving backwards through the drive-thru.
- National Popcorn Day – There seems to be some controversy regarding when to celebrate this holiday. Let’s just keep celebrating!
- Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day – Let’s get it poppin’! Click on the image and pop some virtual bubble wrap!
- Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Appreciate the value
Also On This Day:
- U.S. Congress passed the 13th amendment abolishing slavery (1965)
- Robert E. Lee was named general of the Confederate Army (1865)
- The U.S. ordered Native Americans to move into reservations (1876)
- 3M began marketing Scotch Tape (1930)
- The first daytime soap aired, These Are My Children, on NBC (1949)
- President Harry S. Truman ordered development of the hydrogen bomb (1950)
- The first American satellite was successfully launched into orbit (1958)
- The first McDonald’s opened in the former Soviet Union (1990)
Justin Timberlake (30) – Hard to imagine he’s only 30 and has been bringing sexy back for all these years!
Portia de Rossi (38)
Minnie Driver (40)
Nolan Ryan (64)
Jackie Robinson (1919-1972)
RIP A.A. Milne (1882-1956) – best known as the creator of Winnie-the-Pooh