The 2nd part of On This Day may be more controversial than the 1st. Walking around naked can get awkward and people may be uncomfortable, but most people are petrified when they see a snake. National Serpent Day may not be popular for celebrating living creatures but society certainly seems to like them dead – wallets, belts, boots, handbags and more! PETA probably isn’t a fan of this holiday.
- G.I. Joe Day – The real American heros!
- African American Coaches Day – Mike Tomlin may be able to celebrate better than anyone this week!
- Hoola in the Coola Day – what a perfect day to mock the cold!
- Spunky Old Broads Day – Associated Content gives you a list of the Top 10 Ways to Celebrate
- Texas seceded from the Union (1861)
- Thomas Edison completed construction of the 1st motion picture studio (1893)
- 4 Black students initiated the 1st Greensboro Sit-In (1960)
- Gary Bettman became the first NHL commissioner (1993)
- Janet Jackson experienced a wardrobe malfunction during her halftime show (2004) – ironically a day after Justin Timberlake’s birthday. Nice gift Justin!
Big Boi, Outkast (36)
Patrick Wilson, Weezer (42)
Pauly Shore (43) – He needs a hit.
Boris Yeltzin (1931-2007)
Clark Gable (1901-1960) – “The King of Hollywood” known for his leading role in Gone With the Wind