Things could get a little weird today. With much of the Northeast at the mercy of mother nature, today’s celebration could reach an all new level! Working Naked Day is a holiday for the over 30 million Americans that work from home each day. Don’t try this one at the office because we assume no responsibility for the HR troubles that may ensue. And let’s be honest, you probably don’t want to see a large majority of the people you work with celebrating! Keep the party limited to your home office where nobody can see you. If you’re going to go with a pickup line today, we suggest the classic “There’s a party in my pants line”. Although it may be a bit too late if you already started celebrating!
- Freedom Day – Commemorates the day President Lincoln signed the 13th Amendment outlawing slavery
- Give Kids a Smile Day – Try not to participate while celebrating “Working Naked Day”. People will get the wrong idea.
- National Baked Alaska Day
- Robinson Crusoe Day – Commemorates the rescue of sailor Alexander Selkirk who was the inspiration for Daniel DeFoe’s Robinson Crusoe.
Also On This Day:
- The Supreme Court attempted to convene for the 1st time (1790)
- Oxford English Dictionary published its 1st volume – A through Ant (1884)
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police was established (1920)
- Film director & producer Roman Polanski skipped bail for France (1978)
- Late Night with David Letterman premiered (1982)
- The Space Shuttle Columbia disaster occurred – see Birthdays & Remembrances (2003)
Lauren Conrad (25) – also known as “LC” from Laguna Beach and The Hills
Lisa Marie Presley (43) – better known for being Elvis’ daughter or marrying Michael Jackson?
Rick James (1948-2004)
Langston Hughes (1902-1967)
RIP Crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia (2003):
- Michael Anderson
- David Brown
- Kalpaha Chawla
- Laurel Clark
- Rick Husband
- Willie McCool
- Iian Ramon