It’s not your fault they are miserable. Then again, they may not be as miserable as you think. Today marks an opportunity to improve the spirits of your neighborhood grouch. Try doing him or her a favor and see what happens. Chances are they will still be miserable, but it was worth a shot!
- Kyoto Protocol Day – honoring the landmark international agreement on the reduction of greenhouse gases
- National Almond Day – try to avoid this celebration if you’re allergic to nuts.
- The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was organized in NYC (1868)
- NBC aired its 1st nightly newscast (1948)
- Fidel Castro became the Premier of Cuba (1959)
- The first 9-1-1 emergency telephone system went into service (1968)
- The NHL cancelled the ’04-’05 season and playoffs (2005)
- Lupe Fiasco (29) – “Superstar“
- Jerome Bettis (39) a.k.a The Bus!
- John McEnroe (52)
- Ice-T (53)
- Kim Jong-il (70)
- Sonny Bono (1935-1998)