When was the last time you performed a good deed? Shovel your neighbor’s driveway or walkway. Pay for the coffee order of the person behind you in line. Cover someone’s shift at work. Whatever you do, do it “just because”. Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day. If you want to change the way you feel today, celebrate this holiday and see how others around you react. You’ll be amazed when people begin to pay it forward and start helping random strangers just because you initiated the efforts. Happy Random Acts of Kindness Day!
- My Way Day – in total contrast to Random Acts of Kindness Day, this holiday is intended for people to establish their own identity. Celebrate your way. Don’t do it for anyone else or because someone told you to. Go out and be yourself.
- National PTA Founders Day – Do it for the kids! Parent Teacher Associations across the country play a pivotal role in the lives of children.
World Human Spirit Day– there are many way we can connect with one another. Take a moment to connect with people around the world. Keep in mind the struggles we face and understand the feelings that others experience across the globe.
- National Champion Crab Races Day – we would never encourage gambling, but you have to wonder what the odds are on these races!
- Newsweek Magazine was published for the 1st time (1933)
- The Blaine Act ended U.S. Prohibition (1933)
- The Basketball Hall of Fame opened in Springfield, MA (1968)
Birthdays & Remembrances:
- Paris Hilton (30) – it’s going to take a pretty birthday party for Paris to oust Lindsay Lohan out of the headlines, but we’re convinced she’s up to the task!
- Jerry O’Connell (37)
- Billy Joe Armstrong, Green Day (39)
- Denise Richards (39) – bet her Ex can show her how to throw a crazy birthday party
- Larry the Cable Guy (48)
- Michael Jordan (48) – coincidence the Basketball Hall of Fame opened on his birthday?
- Jim Brown (75) – one of the top athletes ever to play the game of football
- Thomas Watson (18774-1956) – wonder who was smarter: Thomas Watson or Jeopardy Watson?
- RIP Geronimo (1829-1909) – Apache leader