Some of you may be asking, “Isn’t this every day?” We won’t judge you. However you want to justify you reason for drinking wine, we’re okay with it – healthy heart, boosts immunity, reduces stress, increases libido! It may seem strange that we have a holiday dedicated to something that may seem like a regular occurrence, but today is a cause for celebration! The history of wine goes back thousands of years and we all have our preference: Red or White? Sweet or Dry? Today seems like a great day to try them all!
- Thumb Appreciation Day – just think, how would we ever solve problems if we couldn’t declare a thumb war?
- Battery Day (Volta’s Birthday) – the one holiday that batteries ARE included!
- Perigean Spring Tides – celebrate the highest tides of the year
- Pluto Day – we still celebrate this non-planet holiday!
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published for the 1st time (1885)
- The 1st Academy Awards were announced (1929)
- Pluto was discovered (1930)
- The 1st Church of Scientology was established in Los Angeles, CA (1954)
- It snowed in the Sahara Desert for the only time on record (1979)
- Dale Earnhardt passed away following a crash on the last turn of the final lap at the Daytona 500 (2001)
Birthdays & Remembrances:
- Jillian Michaels (37) – we may be in love…
- Dr. Dre (46)
- Matt Dillon (47) – somebody needs a hit!
- Vanna White (54)
- John Travolta (57)
- Yoko Ono (78)
- Sholem Aleichem (1859-1916) – wrote stories that later became Fiddler on the Roof
- Mary Tudor (1516-1558) a.k.a Bloody Mary
- RIP Martin Luther (1483-1546)
- RIP Michelangelo (1475-1564) – not the Ninja Turtle
- RIP Frank Costello (1891-1973)