Frozen, on the rocks, sugar, salt, it doesn’t matter! It’s the only day of the year that you can get away with drinking margarita’s all day. What makes matters worse? The fact that Downtown Dan is probably celebrating right now while he’s on the beach in Aruba. Sometimes life just isn’t fair! Do you have a flavor of choice? One of our favorites is the “Jimbo” from Bombers Burrito Bar – half margarita, half beer. The description sums it up perfectly: “Sounds weird. Tastes great!” Sounds tempting…right…now!
- Washington’s Birthday – this holiday has become just another day for furniture shopping
- Single-Tasking Day – focus on what works. We know multi-tasking doesn’t. So
cross that off the list!
- World Thinking Day – a.k.a “B.-P.Day” or “Founder’s Day”; see Lord Baden-Powel below
- Spay Day USA – the Human Society of the United States encourages this international movement
- National Be Humble Day – we give up already. We’re too awesome!
- Walking the Dog Day – Cassius is pumped!
Also On This Day:
- Frank Winfield Woolworth opened a 5-cent store in Utica, NY. His stores eventually became known as Footlocker (1879).
- Calvin Coolidge delivered the 1st presidential radio broadcast from the White House (1924).
- A law was passed making flying over the White House illegal (1935).
- The 1st Daytona 500 took place (1959).
- The Miracle on Ice took place — the U.S. beat the Soviets by a score of 4-3 (1980).
- Drew Barrymore (36)
- James Blunt (37)
- Rachel Dratch (45)
- Julius Erving (61) a.k.a. Dr. J
- Ted Kennedy (1932-2009)
- Steve Irwin (1962-2006) a.k.a. The Crocodile Hunter
- Brad Nowell, Sublime (1968-1996)
- Olave, Lady Baden-Powel (1889-1977) – credited with developing the Girl Scout/Guide movements
- Lord Baden-Powel (1857-1941) – founded the Scout Movement. Husband of Olave, Lady Baden-Powel
- Robert Wadlow (1918-1940) – tallest man to ever live — 8 feet, 11 inches!
- George Washington (1732-1799)