March 3rd is among the most unselfish holidays of the year. Commit to making others happy today. A simple compliment may do. For others, try sending flowers to a loved one or randomly buying a coworker lunch. We all strive to be happy. While you can’t promise someone eternal bliss from this day forward, you can certainly make their day!
- If Pets Had Thumbs Day – could you challenge your dog to a thumb war?
- National Cold Cuts Day – March 1st was PB&J for lunch. You know what’s for lunch today!
- National Anthem Day
- International Sister Cities Day – aims to develop the next generation of international diplomats
- National Mulled Wine Day – if you survived Drink Wine Day, consider today Round 2
Also On This Day:
- The 1st organized indoor hockey game was played in Montreal (1875)
- TIME magazine was 1st published (1923)
- President Herbert Hoover signed a bill that officially declared the Star Spangled Banner the national anthem of the United States (1931)
- Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia (1938)
- Amateur video captured the beating of Rodney King by L.A. police officers (1991)
Birthdays & Remembrances:
- Jessica Biel (29)
- Lil’ Flip (1981)
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (49)
- Perry Ellis (1940-1986)
- Charles Ponzi (1882-1949)
- Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922)