Pull it together! March 30th is the day you get a grip. If you’ve been feeling a little scatter-brained, take a moment to regain control. So what if your business is tanking, your spouse left you, and you just lost your life savings in the stock market. Today is the day you regain control! Put your foot down. Show people that you’re not the mess that you appear to be!
- National Doctor’s Day – when you learn how it was started you’ll love it even more. We’re still waiting to come home to a National Printer’s Day celebration!
- Take a Walk in the Park Day – No, don’t slack off! Take an actual walk and get some exercise.
- Pencil Day
- The Grass is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day – A holiday dedicated to those to “stuck it out” when they could’ve jumped ship with the others!
- Turkey Neck Soup Day
Also On This Day:
- The 1st recorded passing of Halley’s Comet (240 B.C.)
- Florida became a U.S. territory (1822)
- Anesthesia was used for the 1st time in an operation (1842)
- Alaska was purchased from Russia for approximately $0.02 per acre (1867)
- The 15th Amendment went into effect, giving Black men the right to vote (1870)
- The Queensboro Bridge opened (1909)
- Jeopardy premiered on NBC (1964)
- President Ronald Reagan was shot in the chest outside of a hotel in the Capitol (1981)
- Norah Jones (32)
- Celine Dion (43)
- Donna D’Errico (43)
- Piers Morgan (46)
- M.C. Hammer (49) – custom hammer pants?
- Eric Clapton (66)
- Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)