We wonder who decided to make this day a holiday? Perhaps, A LAWYER! We can’t think of any reason why someone would not want to be nice to the attorneys out there. Behind every good man is a great attorney. Behind every ambulance is another attorney. Behind every closed door is an attorney reviewing documents. And there are probably several attorneys reading this right now!
- D.E.A.R. Day (Drop Everything And Read Day) – today is as good a day as any drop everything and read!
- Big Wind Day – see below (Mt. Washington)
- Look Up at the Sky Day – a day to admire the beauty of the sky and clouds. Or just look like a total airhead!
- Walk on the Wild Side Day – welcome to the DCP life!
- National Licorice Day
- Russian Cosmonaut Day – celebrates the 1st man to walk in space!
Also On This Day:
- The strongest surface wind ever recorded occurred at Mt. Washington, NH (1934)
- The 1st jet engine designed to power an aircraft was tested (1937)
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt died while in office (1945)
- Harry Truman was sworn in as the 33rd United States President (1945)
- The polio vaccine was declared safe and effective (1955)
Birthdays & Remembrances:
- Brooklyn Decker (24)
- Claire Danes (32)
- Shannen Doherty (40)
- David Cassidy (61)
- Tom Clancy (64)
- David Letterman (64)
- Ed O’Neill (65), aka Al Bundy
- RIP Franlin D. Roosevelt (1945)