Our friends in MA, ME, and WI may have confused yesterday’s Patriot’s Day celebration with April 19th’s National Hanging Out Day. Contrary to what it sounds, today is not dedicated to “straight chillin'”. The holiday actually pertains to saving money and energy conservation. “Hanging out” refers to utilizing a clothesline for laundry, rather than a more common hot air dryer. Had you fooled there, didn’t we? Nonetheless, we still expect you to take part in this meaningful holiday. The smell of fresh air never hurt laundry. Air dry that #$%^#!
- National Hiring Day – McDonalds – If you learn the secret behind the fries, give us a call. We promise we won’t tell anyone!
- Dutch-American Friendship Day – Glad to see everyone playing nicely together!
- Bicycle Day – It’s not what you think. It’s just an illusion! The day actually commemorates Dr. Albert Hofmann’s 1943 discovery of the psychological effect of the drug LCD. Because of wartime motorcycle restrictions, he was forced to travel via bicycle while hallucinating, thus the reason for “Bicycle Day”. But if you want to give your Huffy a special day you can do that too!
- National Garlic Day – Remind us not to be stuck in the same room as anyone celebrating this holiday!
- Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day
Birthdays & Remembrances:
- Maria Sharapova (24)
- Kate Hudson (32)
- James Franco (33)
- Jesse James (42)
- Suge Knight (45)
- RIP Charles Darwin (1809-1882)