May 11th is a day that is very special to the crew over at 140 Erie Blvd in Schenectady. Today is National Night Shift Workers Day, otherwise known as National Third Shift Workers Day. Doesn’t it seem a little strange that we reserve a “day” for these soldiers of the night? They’ll be sleeping all day while they should be celebrating!
It takes a special person to stay awake and work through the night. Some of us possess a unique ability to live a life completely opposite of what some consider to be normal. The next time you’re driving through Schenectady during the early morning hours, keep a lookout for the 2nd floor lights shining bright. Never a dull moment for the team at Downtown Printwear – we’re working the night shift… and the day shift … and 2nd shift. That’s just how we roll!
- Eat What You Want Day – anything?
- Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day –
- National School Nurse Day – kill 2 birds with 1 stone when you visit the nurse’s office, get sent home sick, then stop at the receptionist’s office to call home for a ride! Booyaah!
- Receptionists Day
- National Twilight Zone Day – are we in the twilight zone? You never know!
- Corey Monteith (29) – Glee
- Valentino (79) – at what point do you earn “one name” recognition? Valentino!
- Irving Berlin (1888-1989) – wrote “God Bless America” and “White Christmas”