We know it’s the 1st day of Summer but this holiday is closely related! Legend has it that if you hear a cuckoo today the bird is predicting a wet Summer. Think Groundhog Day. Don’t confuse Cuckoo Warning Day with the noises your crazy aunt makes when she calls you at those inconvenient times. Moral of the story: avoid cuckoos today!
- Fete de la Musique – Also known as World Music Day
- National Peaches & Cream Day – cue the music!
- National Daylight Appreciation Day
- Ann & Samantha Day – support Ann Frank and Samantha Smith
- Baby Boomer’s Recognition Day – as if they don’t get enough attention!
- International Surfing Day
- Go Skateboarding Day – bet you didn’t think this one is international!
- World Humanist Day – to learn more, visit the International Humanist and Ethical Union website