No, we’re not postponing today’s holiday for another day. Rain Day is an actual holiday and there’s a history behind it! There’s even a festival to celebrate Rain Day! Apparently it always rains on July 29th. Check the forecast today: Schenectady = Rain, Boston = Rain, rain, rain rain. How is that even possible? It’s like July 29th is cursed. 112 out of 136 years – wow!
- National Talk in an Elevator Day few things are more awkward than a long, silent elevator ride full of people
- National Lasagna Day
- National Lipstick Day
- I Forgot Day – as in “I almost forgot today was FRIDAY!”
- Lumberjack Day
- System Administrator Appreciation Day
- National Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day – mice beware, they’re coming after you!
- Afroman (37), see below
- Wanya Morris, Boyz II Men (38)
- Martina McBride (45)
- Peter Jennings (73)
- Benito Mussolini (1883-1945)