We’re not sure when there became a need to recognize this holiday, but there was a time when we celebrated Respect for Parents Day every day! Times have changed and children need a constant reminder that the world doesn’t revolve around them and their needs. Remember to teach children lessons of respects for elders. It’s not limited to parents. They’ll appreciate the lesson when they grow old and have kids of their own!
- National Girlfriends Day – a day for the ladies to celebrate the fellow women in their lives that keep them sane!
- National Raspberry Cream Pie Day
- Lughnasa – St. Patty’s Day too far away? Celebrate your Irish-side today!
- National Minority Donor Awareness Day
- Rounds Resounding Day
- Spiderman Day – It’s a bird…it’s a plane!
- US Air Force Day – celebrate the anniversary the U.S. Air Force was established
- World Wide Web Day – didn’t Al Gore create the internet?
- World Scout Day
- Adam Duritz, Counting Crows (47)
- Coolio (48)
- Chuck D, Public Enemy (51)
- Jerry Garcia (1942-1995)
- Herman Melville, “Moby Dick” (1819-1891)