Mother Nature is a bitch! Don’t toy with us on a holiday like today. Ok, we’re being a little selfish. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day is intended to recognize the mail couriers whose motto is carved on the New York post office – “Neither snow nor rain not heat nor gloom of night ,stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” We hate to be a pain, but we don’t see any mention of: hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, or earthquakes. Call us hard-asses, but someone has to hold people responsible. We can’t just go naming holidays after every occupation – like Google Commemoration Day! Oops… p.s. Happy Birthday Google!
- Salami Day – we may not know what it’s made of, but it sure tastes good!
- Grandma Moses Day – she started painting at the age of 78!
- National Acorn Squash Day
- Shannon Elizabeth (38) i.e. “The Girl from American Pie”
- Shane Mosley (40)
- Buddy Holly (1936-1959)
- Grandma Moses (1860-1961)
- Queen Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)