They come in all shapes and sizes. March 16th recognizes the chops that make our jaw drop. Would Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger still be around if not for their mesmerizing mouths? Maybe not. Would Angelina Jolie and Jessica Biel grace magazine covers if they didn’t have those luscious lips? Today is an opportunity to appreciation those smackers that never cease to amaze us!
- Everything You Do Is Right Day – try telling this to your significant other!
- Freedom of Information Day – push for more government transparency.
- Curlew Day – you don’t follow the long-billed curlew?
- Goddard Day – nerd alert! This holiday celebrates the first liquid propelled rocket flight.
- St. Urho’s Day – we believe it was an old wooden ship.
- Well-Elderly Day, a.k.a. Wellderly Day – keep those old people healthy!
Also On This Day:
- Ferdinand Magellan reached the Philippines (1521)
- The Army Corps of Engineers was established (1802)
- Congress authorized the establishment of West Point Military Academy (1802)
- The Scarlet Letter was published (1850)
- Barnum and Bailey circus debuted (1881)
- The Federal Trade Commission was organized (1915)
- Adolf Hitler violated the Versailles Treaty by ordering Germany to rearm itself (1935)
- The 1st annual National Book Awards (1950)
- Ford Motor Company produced its 50 millionth automobile (1958)
- General Motors produced its 100 millionth automobile (1968)
- The New English Bible was published (1970)
Birthdays and Remembrances:
- Brooke Burns (33)
- Flavor Flav (52)
- Erik Estrada (62)
- Jerry Lewis (85)
- President James Madison (1751-1836)