Rather than wave a single, unfriendly finger at your neighbor for blowing all of their snow into your yard, try waving all of your fingers today. Wave All Your Fingers at Your Neighbor Day was created to generate more diplomatic relations between neighbors. So, even if your neighbor never mows their law, sun bathes in the nude, and frequently yells at the kids in the neighborhood, make an attempt to be nice to him at least1-day each year. Celebrate Wave All Your Fingers at Your Neighbor Day! You can go back to waving your preferred finger tomorrow.
- National Fettuccine Alfredo Day – if we don’t hear from Downtown Dan all day, you’ll know why. Fettuccine Alfredo is his favorite!
- Ballet Day – support your local ballet
- Dickens Day – Born in Portsmouth, England, Charles Dickens is credited with some of the most recognizable stories of our youth – Oliver Twist & A Christmas Carol just to name a couple.
- The 11th Amendment was ratified (1795)
- Famous board game Monopoly was invented (1935)
- Pinocchio premiered. Walt Disney’s 2nd full-length animated film (1940)
- The United States banned all Cuban imports and exporting (1962)
- The Beatles arrived in NYC’s Kennedy airport for their 1st American tour. 10,000 fans met them at the airport (1964)
- Space shuttle astronauts went on the 1st untethered spacewalk (1984)
- The Maastricht Treaty was signed, which created the European Union (1992)
- Michael Jordan signed a professional baseball contract with the Chicago White Sox (1994)
Ashton Kutcher (33) – better known as @APlusk to some people
Steve Nash (37)
Chris Rock (46)
Garth Brooks (49)
Sir Thomas More (1478-1535) – among the most notable names of the Renaissance period
John Deere (1804-1886)
Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957) – Little House on the Prarie
Sinclair Lewis (1885-1951) – 1st to win the Nobel Prize in Literature
RIP Big Pun (1971-2000)
RIP Harvey Firestone (1868-1938)